Mitch Colvin for Fayetteville
City Council District 3
“IMPROVING AND EMPOWERING OUR COMMUNITY”
Our First Day of Change Begins:
October 8, 2013
November 5, 2013
My name is Mitch Colvin and I am seeking the position of City Councilman in District 3. A Fayetteville native and a longtime resident of the district, I have been a dedicated local business owner, entrepreneur, and family man, but most of all, a concerned citizen.
I believe that, for far too long, some of our leaders have sat in silence as our communities have been neglected and deprived of the resources and the opportunities they deserve. I affirm that together we can create a community that we can all be proud of for many years to come.
My number one priority is to foster real change in our community through revitalization efforts, creating tangible job opportunities, and promoting education,training and safety for those who need it most.
- Allocate Funds For Development And Improvement Of Residents And Businesses
- Creation of Improvement Zones
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Exploration of federal programs such as Food Desert Program, New Market Tax Credit, etc.
- Create a more accountable system with the Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Department.
Aggressively Recruit Education And Training
Enhancement Programs For The Youth
- Early childhood development programs
- After school tutorial and college prep programs for teens
- Initiate vocation trade school programs
- Hard and soft skill building programs for job training
Creation Of Safe Streets
- Safety task force
- Gun buyback programs
- Continue to foster goodwill relationship programs with residence and police
I believe we can fundamentally change
our community from within.
We must “EMPOWER IN ORDER TO IMPROVE.”